According to the US News and World Report, the US Labor Department predicts that tech jobs will grow faster than the average for all jobs, at a rate of 13% increase this decade. In addition to the hiring demand, there are other reasons why the tech industry is one to watch and consider. Tech jobs continue to be high-paying and boast low unemployment rates.
Here is a list of the top 10 Best Technology Jobs of 2018 form the US News Best Jobs List:
- Software Developer | Median Salary: $100,800 | Unemployment Rate: 1.6%
- Information Security Analyst | Median Salary: $92,600 | Unemployment Rate: 3.2%
- IT Manager | Median Salary: 135,800 | Unemployment Rate: 2.7%
- Computer System Analyst | Median Salary: $87,220 | Unemployment Rate: 2.6%
- Computer Network Architect | Median Salary: $101,210 | Unemployment Rate: 1.1%
- Computer Systems Administrator | Median Salary: $79,700 | Unemployment Rate: 1.4%
- Database Administrator | Median Salary: $84,950 | Unemployment Rate: 3.1%
- Web Developer | Median Salary: $66,130 | Unemployment Rate: 5.2%
- Computer Support Specialist | Median Salary: $52,160 | Unemployment Rate: 3.3%
- Computer Programmer | Median Salary: $79,840 | Unemployment Rate: 3.4%
The US News scores jobs based on seven component measures: median salary, employment rate, 10-year growth volume, 10-year growth percentage, future job prospects, stress level, and work-life balance.
If you would like to learn more about these or other tech jobs, and how Training Concepts can help you get the training, skills, and certifications you need to start or improve your career path, please contact us or give us a call at 803.772.6441.